Wednesday, May 28, 2014

butterfly pics

The following photographs were taken early on in my career, back in 2011.  I had just recently joined flickr and had enjoyed seeing others post photographs of birds and butterflies.  Those were becoming fast favorites, as well as macros of flowers.  I thought to myself then how wonderful it would be to capture some butterflies or birds up close.  My husband and I had begun taking special anniversary trips, and this particular one to Door County, Wisconsin, was one of our first.  These were photographed in the Newport State Park located in Rowley's Bay, Door County.  How elated I was to be able to capture some butterflies so closely.  They have become some of my favorites.  I hope they are for you as well!



 
 
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams...
--John Keats


                      Merle 

No comments:

Post a Comment